Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, February 9, 2022

A Hug

 

I got a hug today!

 

…from a total stranger. I was shocked. All I said to her was a “hello” (with a big smile), and she stopped in her tracks. That made me pause as well. Did I say something wrong? I saw her searching my eyes, wanting to know if I really meant well. I offered a smile and proceeded to be on my way. 

From my view, it looked like she needed a kind word, scratch that, she needed kindness. She walked like the weight of the world was on her shoulder, back hunched and face long. I wonder what’s going on behind that pretty face.

Mind your business babe, I said to myself. I had a class, 3 meetings back to back, and 2 assignments that didn’t look very friendly, plus my backpack felt like I was going camping (could it really be only my laptop and 1 notebook in there?). I had my own troubles, I thought, and needed to be on the move.

She raised her hand, ever so slightly, if I wasn’t paying attention, I would have missed it. I stopped again, and asked her with a smile- “did you say something?”

“No, not really. I just wanted to say thank you for saying hello. I really needed an assurance that I wasn’t totally alone. Your kindness reassured me that everything will be fine, so thank you, for being so kind!”

“You’re welcome”, I said. The strangest thing happened then, like old friends, we smiled in unison and stretched out our arms and hugged, bade our goodbyes and went on our way. 

For me, I had a skip in my steps, forgetting the heavy backpack for a minute, and telling myself those assignments can’t be that difficult.

I didn’t get her name, but her smile will stay with me!





---------

I know it's been ages, Life has really happened to me and I hope your life has been beautiful too these past years? I'm not promising I'll post as regularly as I used to, but I am promising to try my best! To put out my words when I have them and enjoy the sanity that this place brings me. 


Thank you, from my heart!

No comments :

Post a Comment