Blogger Widgets

Friday, September 13, 2013

Numbered


Source

Every one has numbered days. Whether we like it or not, even if you choose to ignore or you decide to read this post. Our days on this earth as we know it are numbered. The funny thing is no one knows the exact hour or time of his/her final second, that last breath. But one day, the breath we take will be our last and we will leave this world for judgement. 

Where will you go?

Psalm 90:12 - Teach us to number our days and recognize how few they are; help us to spend them as we should.

Just yesterday, I learned of a friend's passing and it shook me to my core.

Tayo was so quiet while we were in school together. He had his click of friends and I always thought to myself that he looked odd. Among them I mean. All his friends seemed boisterous and outgoing, he on the other hand seemed somewhat reserved. But he fit in well and they all loved each other. In the 4 years we were in school together, I may not even have said more than a sentence per conversation with him, but I knew him to an extent. We finished school, and we heard he had a magazine and all that. Progress. Very good to know. Next thing we know, he's dead. Gone. It was too close to home. For the better part of yesterday, I was in real shock. It was way too close to home. I kept thinking- Did he know when the final moment came? Was he prepared? Was he afraid? Did he fight it?

Would he have lived his last hours differently if he had known it would be the end? 
Would his family and/or friends have treated him differently if they had known that they wouldn't see his cool cute smile again?
Would it have mattered?

"Mene, Mene, Tekel, Parsin". Do you remember it? If you don't (or if you have forgotten) its in the Book of Daniel. Daniel 5:25 (Please read 25- 28) May God not weigh you on His just scales and find you wanting. (Amen)

Throughout yesterday, this scripture kept coming to mind- Teach us to number our days that we may apply our hearts to wisdom. It was the only prayer I could utter. If you know how long you have to do something, you will work towards delivering your very best on or before that day. If you have an exam, you would study hard for it. If you had a task at work, you would put in your best to meet and even surpass the target. Life is what we have been given by God and a set on instructions in the Holy Book as well as the holy Spirit to serve as our guide and conscience. Do not deprive yourself of Heaven. Strive towards making it there. 
My life is far from perfect but I know one thing. I need heaven like I need air to survive. 

What about you?


Rest In Peace 'Tayo Omidiji. Your candle may have burned out, but your legend will remain.

1 comment :