Blogger Widgets

Monday, July 1, 2013

Bad Habits: Body Odor

I know Its not a habit per say, but it is. Kind of. Well, I mean if you neglect to take personal hygiene seriously everyday, then its a habit that is bad!

I was working on my computer this morning when I caught a whiff of it. It was truly very unpleasant to my senses. Considering it was 8:00 am, I knew it must have been carried over from yesterday. It was just too concentrated. to have been from this morning alone!
Unconsciously, I lifted my left hand, sniffed then lifted my right hand as well. I smiled, I smelled really fresh (*wink*). I looked up and I saw the cause. I was dismayed. How on earth do you get to smell like a he-goat so early in the morning?

About 9:00 am I got hungry and decided to snack on an apple. Oh my, it was delicious. Crispy, sweet and the juice was just right! Then "the cause" came over to my desk to make an inquiry. I stopped chewing the apple. It was like sawdust in my mouth. As a matter of fact, I lost appetite completely. My poor sweet apple. I had to bin it instantly.

We all have a smell unique to us, but for some it  is really bad. This is known as body odor. Body odor (BO) is the unpleasant smell our bodies give off when bacteria breaks down sweat into acids. It becomes evident when measures are not taken to combat it. BO is common in people who are obese, eat spicy foods and some who have health conditions (diabetes)

Its such a shame that people have BO and  fail to realize it. I mean how bad can your nose be? You are causing a hazard to the environment and the people around you!!! (I know some people don't know they smell worse than skunks, my sister even told me about a cleaner in her office who didn't know. One day she decided to ask her with style what kind of deodorant she used and the lady actually mentioned a name. You wouldn't believe it was even more expensive than the typical Sure or Nivea. My sister took her a bottle of Sure the next day and that solved the problem.) Please a bottle of sure roll-on or a can of spray is not more than N600. it can last for about a month. I personally believe its worth the investment.  

If that is too expensive, please buy lime or lemon, cut one in half and use it. All you need to do is rub it on and around the armpit. It not only prevents excessive sweating, but also treats body odor. (Please make sure you don't have any cuts or bruise as it will leave a burning sensation). 

What to do if you have BO

  • Wash the armpit regularly with antibacterial soap and warm water at least once a day.
  • Shave off hair under the armpits regularly. Except you want to enter the Guinness Book of Records, please try not to keep armpit hair. Its not only disgusting, it also slows down the evaporation of sweat.
  • Make use of a deodorant or anti-antiperspirant. A very good substitute is  the lime or lemon. It works like magic!
  • Wear loose clothing to allow your armpit breath always. Preferable options are natural fibers such as cotton, silk or wool.
  • Avoid spicy foods as they tend to make the sweat more pungent.


Please don't kill people or constitute a nuisance to the environment. Its very unfair!!!


4 comments :

  1. Na waoooooooo!Tony Giggs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll say that people who stink 4m their under arms are just wicked! Of all things to want to share...smh! God will "George" them o! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha I completely agree with you! This post reminded me of my pastor back home, at the end of one sermon she looked at the congregation seriously and went "Please don't make worshiping God an unpleasant experience for others. If you can't shower, please wash your under arms and use some deodorant."
    The sad thing is that only few people know it when they smell bad and it is such a sensitive topic that it's hard tell others when they stink :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahahahahaha I completely agree with you. This post reminded me of my pastor back home, she looked at the congregation at the end of sermon on sunday and went "Don't make worshipping God an unpleasant experience for others. If you can't shower for whatever reason, please wash your under arms and use a deodorant".
    The sad thing is that only few people know when they smell bad and body odor is such a sensitive subject that it's hard to tell people when they stink. :(

    ReplyDelete