Blogger Widgets

Friday, April 12, 2019

Q2 2019

It seemed like it was just last month we were wishing each other a happy new month, listing out all new year resolutions, making promises and dreaming super grandiose dreams for ourselves this year. 
Now with a snap of our fingers, we are in the 4th month and counting. 

How did time fly by so fast? Did you really make plans or goals for 2019? How was Q1 for you?
Did you meet up? Can you rate yourself?
These are a few of the many questions I ask myself as I journey through this month of April. 

I actually didn't want my 2019 to be like my 2018. (2018 was a good year, it was the year I realized if I wanted different results, I really needed to up my game. I wrote down my goals for 2018, but I didn't list out the actionable steps to actually achieve them. So I knew what I wanted, but I didn't have clear steps to get there). I wanted to have a clear pathway and identify different routes to get there. 


This is my dedicated goal book for 2019. I refer to it constantly and use it as a guide as I chart a path in 2019 for myself. 

What did I do?

I broke down my goals into all aspects of my life:

  • Spiritual - I stated the kind or relationship I wanted with Abba and the steps to attain it. It entailed more quiet times, more prayer and fasting times, word study, church activities to mention a few. 
  • Financial- How much I wanted in savings by year end (how much to save each month), Investment plans and when to start, monthly contributions to family and causes.
  • Physical- I stated the total weight I wanted lost, how I planned to achieve this (gym time, meal plans, portion control, the number of KGs I needed to loose, weigh-ins every 2 weeks) each month. I started a blog on the health journey (I confess, I haven't been steadfast on the blog)
  • Emotional and relationship- Manage my temper, develop empathy, pray with and for people, be more deliberate about friendships (calls and visits to friends and family monthly)
  • Sexual- Love me, be deliberate about my home, my relationship with my husband
  • Travel -The places I wanted to go to, how i was going to go there and when, things I needed to invest in (e.g Camera), travel diaries in my blog.
  • Career - Go back to school, take up more free online courses, save towards school
  • Business- Have a savings plan for Leecious Groceries, establish a sales target monthly, expand, increase customer base. 
  • Developmental- create a vision board, join a book club, attend summits, workshops and seminars each quarter, network, join accountability groups to ensure I remained on track.

Each month, I schemed through the aspects I needed to work on, took the actualization steps and expanded it to fit each week. This way, I am able to keep track of my daily, weekly, monthly and finally the yearly activities. 

It hasn't been a bed of roses, but I must confess It has been very rewarding. By the end of January, I knew at the tip of my fingers where I had done well and where I needed improvements. 
For instance, as part of my Spiritual goals, I had listed I wanted to attend Mid-week service with my kids each week. But this is not an easy feat I must confess, as the service time coincides with my baking time for the business. After being wrecked with guilt for a long time, I finally delivered myself and started attending church online anytime during the week This worked perfectly for me. 
Also, I found it super difficult to go to the Gym due to my very tight schedule. So it made more sense to download an App on my phone which helped me with with my exercise goals. I have come to realize now that "progress is better than perfection". As long as I get results through ethical options, then all is good!

We have just started the 2nd Quarter (Q2) for the year and there is still a lot of time to get on the right track. You can totally plan your April, May and June and the rest of the year and see it work just as you want it. All you need is be determined, write it out,place it in your face and stick to it. 
To make sure I don't get distracted by issues of life along the way, I joined an accountability group. We meet online every Saturday and talk about the past week, our accomplishments, fails and challenges and discuss our plans for the coming week. This has helped me tremendously in all phases of my life. If I start feeling lazy about any task (lol,this is normal) then I mentally remind myself about the ladies I will account to and I pick up my slack immediately. Haha, talk about being effective. 

I hope you take this new quarter goals seriously, and get achieving soon. I can't wait to hear about your successes and wins as well as your failures (Failure isn't actually a bad thing if you don't "godify" it). Together we can each push the other person towards greatness and this starts with YOU!




No comments :

Post a Comment