Blogger Widgets

Monday, March 18, 2019

Malaria or hunger?


Yesterday, my son was a bit warm to touch and acting all clingy. I decided to pay closer attention to him all day to see if we would get any surprises. By noon, he was super cranky and I had to take him to bed and lay with him for a bit till he slept off. While lying with him, I saw a friends’ whatsapp stories and she put up this hilarious picture which got me in stitches.




About an hour plus later, he woke up and was really grouchy. No high temperature, nothing was off. Usually, he drinks lots of water, but he didn’t any water so that got me a bit alarmed.
 I tried every trick I know to get him to eat because I knew he was hungry, he just kept refusing and kept crying louder. I had offered pap, cereal, fizzy drinks, ribenna, biscuits, a sandwich, rice but he was having none of it. I decided to fry some eggs because he likes to eat fried eggs. As soon as he saw me coming in with a plate, he came to me, sat down and waited for me to cut it up and opened his mouth to eat. He actually finished the 2 eggs I fried and drank some water. Before I knew it, he pointed at the plate of rice and as I fed him he gobbled it up. Then I knew the hunger was native hunger. Lol. After we were done eating, he got a spring back in his steps, danced a bit then crawled back into my laps and said “eat, eat” which means “I’m hungry”. I asked if he would take pap, he said yes. I was very surprised at how fast he swallowed each spoonful of pap. Needless to say, he finished it and that was when I knew that hunger is really a bad thing. so there was no illness or cause for alarm. 
Ryan became his usual cheerful self. Dancing, laughing and playing. It was a relief and a great way to end the day.
Indeed, sometimes it isn’t always about medications, sometimes, we need to eat properly first and then we will see that no drugs are needed.

Here’s wishing us all a fantastic and fulfilling week ahead.

No comments :

Post a Comment