Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Names we call God

I was listening to Flo the other day and the track “Twale” was on repeat all day. I decide to call God beautiful names in my language, and I could only call him about 5 names in my language. I rang up my folks and they gave me names. 

Here are names I still remember with the meaning too. I am very sure most of the spellings are incorrect, but hey “Idea is need”!

Names
Meaning
Language
State
Owoicho Manchala
Almighty God
Idoma
Benue
Owoicho Ki daago
God of Miracles
Idoma
Benue
Owoicho Ada’m
My Father
Idoma
Benue
Owoiho Alekwiho
Holy Spirit
Idoma
Benue
Owoicho no yicho yaje
God who created the heavens and the earth
Idoma
Benue
Ada no f’yada
Father above fathers
Idoma
Benue
Owoicho k’ebo
God of peace
Idoma
Benue
Owoicho no yicho
God in heaven
Idoma
Benue
Agabaidu (also known as Agaba ku Judah)
Lion of the tribe of Judah
Idoma
Benue
Owoicho Ohunyeta
God the deliverer
Idoma
Benue
Owoicho
God
Idoma
Benue
Owoicho Omeyinyin
Merciful God
Idoma
Benue
Oche no f’oche
King above all kings
Idoma
Benue
Owoicho Oyame
God the finisher
Idoma
Benue
Owoicho o’pla
(Meaning not so clear)
Idoma
Benue
Owoicho K’eche
God of the world
Idoma
Benue

I am interested to know what you call God in your language. 

Please and please, drop a comment telling me. I promise to add it to this list. But please tell me what tribe you are and the language you speak too so we clarify it for everyone.

1 comment :

  1. Alagbada Ina : Consuming Fire ... Yoruba
    Arugbo Ojo : Ancient of Days
    Gbanigbani ti mon saya : I am not sure of meaning
    Agbanilagbatan: Ultimate Deliverer

    ReplyDelete